The EcoAqua line of refrigerator water filters offers you the same high quality of the GE and Kenmore brand filters at a lower cost.
The EFF-6013A filter reduces chlorine and other impurities to provide you with cleaner, better tasting drinking water.
All materials are NSF certificated.
Fits the above fridges and is typically mounted inside the refrigerator at the rear of the compartment to the right - above the top shelf.
Simple quarter turn cartridge, change is quick and easy.
Link to the GE SmartWater MWF page
Installing your new water filter:
1. Twist the old filter a half-turn counter clockwise
2. Pull the filter straight down and discard (don't worry, the water will shut off automatically)
3. Fill the new filter with water (you can use the cold water faucet on your kitchen sink)
4. Push the new filter up into the fridge until it stops
5. Twist the filter a half-turn clockwise
6. Reset your "change filter" light (if your fridge has one)
7. Run water from the dispenser for 3-4 litres (about 3 minutes) to clear the system.
Resetting your "change filter" light:
Press and hold the reset water filter button on the dispenser for 3 seconds.
On some fridges an adapter will be used with this filter. The adapter should stay in the fridge when the old filter is removed and will be reused with the new filter